Newsletter - May 2016
Read about upcoming events on the Science Learning Hub. Join us for the launch of the redesigned website, participate in free PD webinars or check out our Matariki resources.
The NEW Science Learning Hub
We are busy working behind the scenes to develop our new-look website.
The new Hub will have your old favourite resources plus new and updated content. It will look fresher, feel easier to use and save you time by increasing your efficiency in searching for the resources you need for the classroom.
The Hubs will officially launch the redesigned site at an event in Wellington later this term.
If you’d like to attend the launch to meet scientists, educators and grow your personal learning network, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matariki signals the start of the Māori New Year on 6 June. Check out some of the Hub’s resources around this special event.
Free professional development webinars
The Hub has a diverse line-up of free webinars. Details are in our PD collection, and recent or upcoming ones are featured on our home page.
And remember, we archive these so you can view them any time, anywhere. Our two most recent sessions are:
- Fighting Infection (featuring Dr Kara Filbey from the Malaghan Institute of Medical Research)
- Soil – a focus for primary science week (featuring soil scientist Louis Schipper and primary teacher Angela Schipper).
Register now for these upcoming free online sessions:
- 19 May – Soil activities and the science capabilities
- 2 June – Explore women in STEM
- 16 June – New combined Hubs website – a secondary focus (coming soon)
- 30 June – SLH new-look website – a primary focus (coming soon)
Remember we're on social media - come and join our active online community.
We hope you enjoy using the Science Learning Hub in your teaching and would love to hear from you. Your comments, ideas and feedback can be emailed to email@example.com
Science Learning Hub and Biotech team
- 17 May 2016